Thursday, March 7, 2024

Soaking In The Love 3/8/2024

 Good Morning,

My day started when I would still call it "Night". So as soon as I finish writing I will jump into my truck and head out for a long day of work. I am drinking a hot cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee and will take most of it in a travel mug. 

1 Corinthians 13:13 ESV So now, faith, hope and love abide, these three, but the greatest of these is love.


I am not a huge television person and I always feel that I have something better to do than watch tv. Sometimes though a commercial will come along and most of them don't do a thing for me. The new Kay Jewelers commercial has a song in it and the words struck me like a hammer on the head. They made me think and consider marriage as a topic in my brain today.

The song is titled I Get To Love You. I have written down some of the words,

My whole life falls in line. 

I prayed for you before I called you mine

Oh, I can't believe it is true sometimes

Oh, I can't believe it's true.

I get to love you, 

It's the best thing that I will ever do. 

Long before I met my wife Rene, I prayed for her. I realized as I grew, that the best thing a person can give another is the right to love them. I consider myself truly blessed to say that Rene agreed to share her life with me and I get to love her then and now. So as spring approaches and weddings loom on the horizon, just remember that when she said yes or he asked, they made a decision to let you love them. Cherish that thought and keep it close to your heart. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment