Saturday, March 23, 2024

Acts Of Kindness Always Amaze Me. 3/23/2024

 Good Morning,

The day began with prayer and study time. I just poured a very hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and now it is time to write.

Proverbs 3:27 NKJV Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due. When it is in the power of your hand to do so. 


Yesterday our area of the world had mother nature dump some wet sloppy snow on us. You couldn't be out in it without getting soaked. The wind made it worse and driving had some slippery moments. I was tasked with working at two hospitals for an hour each and then could be on my way. I was working in the last one for the day and I left something that I needed in my truck. I decided to run out to the parking lot and retrieve the item I needed to complete my work task. I ran out without my coat and came back quickly. It did not take but 1 minute outside to be covered with snow. When I came back inside, I brushed myself off and went back to the area I was working in. A nurse noticed that I had come back in looking a little wet and cold. She walked up from behind me and said "excuse me. I have a towel for you to dry off with. Would you like a hot cup of coffee or some hot chocolate.?" I actually decided that a hot cup of coffee was sounding pretty good right then. I requested a cup of coffee and said thank you. That small act of kindness, made my day!

Most nurses are always busy and I am sure this one was also. Yet she took time out to offer a cup of coffee and a towel to a stranger. I have been working some very long hours and a few of my buddies have been praying for safe travels and my well being in general. I realized quickly that their prayers had been answered all week. More than one nice thing happened each day and although nothing extravagant was seen, the niceties were not common. But they were very welcome each and every one of them. 

They prayed and I was blessed to be the object of their prayers. I won't forget the towel and the coffee on a cold day. Can you be a blessing to others? Is God asking you to show kindness to a stranger?

Have a great day!

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment