Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Baby Dedication 3/20/2024

 Good Morning,

Half way through the work week and this morning I have chosen Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee as my morning java dose.

Proverbs 22:6 KJV Train up a child in the way he should go. And when he is old , he will not depart from it. 

On Sunday I was in church to listen and be fed from the service. I had no responsibilities to perform. I was just there to enjoy and pray for others. I prayed for our lead pastor who was to deliver the sermon of the day. I sat back and listened and watched. 

This Sunday was chosen to be the day that families could dedicate their child to the Lord. It was a very nice addition to the weekly service. Several couples stood on the stage holding their child or children. Our associate pastor introduced each couple and the children. Each family chose a Bible verse to be read by the pastor. Once this was done we were all challenged to pray for the families and the children. The parents were challenged to raise their children as Christians, and provide them with a church, Christian teaching, and education. The parents have a large job ahead of them and I could not help but feel that I was to continue praying for the children and teens of our church. I also felt the tug to pray for the family dynamics of each family and pray that they can endure strongly forever and ever. I don't know all of the folks that come on Sunday. I preach on Saturdays and I can track that small flock easily. But God knows each family and I can count on Him to sort out my prayers as I pray generically for the large group. 

I was outside of the norm this weekend, but so glad that I was. I get to pray for the next generation. Won't you join me?

God bless.  Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment