Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Give Me A Reason 3/13/2024

 Good Morning,

A long day is ahead of me and I am hoping that it is a day filled with blessings from above. I have an insulated bottle filled with Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and it is time to write. 

Last year, my wife Rene planted some baby blue iris bulbs in the garden. Nothing happened with them through the spring and summer of 2023. Last Sunday while repairing our flower beds I noticed the tip of a little blue plant peeking out from the soil. By yesterday afternoon there were two sprouts reaching for the sun. I am showing my sensitive side here. I had been praying while working on the garden and I just needed a reason to feel better about some circumstances that friends of mine are going through. I asked God why it seems that the harder I pray the worse these circumstances are. I finished my work on the flower bed and decided that a God who could create such beauty in the soil with the blue iris, must hear my prayers and I need to wait and see how it works out for my friends. The little blooms gave me a reason to pray harder and wait.

Jeremiah 33:3. Call out to me and I will answer you. I will show you great and mighty things which you have not known.

Look around you and see the beauty God sends our way. He gives us reasons to believe!

Marty


2 comments: