Monday, March 18, 2024

Take A Swing. You Just Might Hit It Out Of The Park 3/18/2024

 Good Morning,

This day began early and is just feeling like a Monday and the start to a busy week. I am happy with my choice to brew a pot of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee.

I used to coach Little League Baseball and one thing I used to tell or instruct the boys was that "you will never hit the ball unless you swing." Many a boy would strike out without swinging at good pitches. They would just let the ball go by, hoping to get a free walk to first base. There was another time that I had two boys show up to a game without their uniforms. I asked why they weren't dressed for the game. The answer startled me. "Coach it looks like it is going to rain and maybe the game will be canceled." My reply. "You win some and you lose some. Some do get rained out. But you always dress for the game?" My coaching technique was a little bit Lombardi style and probably wouldn't do me well these days. 

Proverbs 14:23 In all toil there is profit, but mere talk only leads to poverty. 

Philippians 4:13. I an do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. 


Too many of us are not ready to take a swing at life because of fear that holds us back. We are paralyzed by our own excuses and reasons for not attempting the possibilities that come our way. We are content to sit on the bench and let others forge ahead. They are the ones, receiving great jobs, promotions, and going on mission trips. There are others who are not married and don't date just because it might fail. So step up to the plate and accept some challenges that God brings you way. You can't hit a home run without taking a swing. Don't let that pitch of life go by and make you wish later, you had taken a swing at it!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment