Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Very Nice Phone Call 3/14/2024

 Good Morning,

I am moving along at a snails pace this morning, enjoying a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee as I write. 

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. 

Yesterday I was on the road at 3:30am for work and around 3:35am my phone rang in my truck and the call was from a good friend. I missed our men's Bible study the night before due to work commitments. The boys prayed for me after the study and I can't say how much I appreciate the prayers. Back to the phone call. One of those guys knew that I would be on the road early and he decided to call me and pray for a good day and safe travel. I can't tell you how much that call meant to me. For someone to get up at 3:30 am to call me and pray just blew me away. That call made my day! During our call I told him that the garbage disposal under our sink died and after I finished the day I would be changing that clunker out. So an hour later he called back and offered to help me change the disposal after I got home from work.


That was a very nice offer and it was very touching. I declined and said thank you. It would have been totally wrong to accept the help on something that is really in my wheel house. I started in on the little project and within an hour, I was finished. But the phone calls and the offer to help is something that I won't forget. It is always nice to receive a kind call of prayer and an offer of assistance. Are you a person who will wake up early to pray with someone? 

Marty

2 comments:

  1. God bless you today and I pray for safety for you this day, and bless those who come along side you.

    ReplyDelete