Saturday, January 13, 2024

The Winds Of Change Are Blowing 1/13/2024

 Good Morning,

The fire is glowing in the hearth. The dogs have been outside and have been fed. I have a hot cup of Door County Coconut Caramel Coffee with me at the desk. It is time to write. 

Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord. 

I have been semi retired now for over 4 years and have enjoyed working part time for a very good company. This job allowed me to continue to serve in healthcare and has been a real blessing to my wife and I.

Recently I have started to think about giving my notice to step down from this part time job. And after lots of prayer and discussions with my wife I gave my notice yesterday with the optimum time frame of May 1st and June 1st as the latest day of work depending on when they find a replacement for me. I promised to be involved in the training of my replacement if needed. It was a hard decision to leave people that have treated me with dignity, respect and friendship. But as I was sitting across from my wife eating breakfast about a month ago, and asking Rene what she thought about that decision for the 100th time, she said. " "Babe it is time". No one knows me better than she does except for God and she has never hesitated to offer her opinion. 

My point for today is this. If you are married, very often the answers you seek on decisions sits at the table with you. Every decision you make impacts your spouse as well as you. Rene has been praying for me and she was the answer to her own prayers. If you are blessed to be married, thank God for the advisor He sent. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment