Monday, January 8, 2024

Bringing In The Firewood 1/8/2024

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and next to me is a hot mug of Door County White Christmas Coffee and it is time to write.

There is a simple lesson that can be learned from firewood. First of all we will give God the glory for providing all the wood we burn. I enjoy cutting firewood, stacking it, and burning it for warmth or ambience. Without His provisions, there isn't any wood.

But, today I want to talk about another thought, not a brilliant one at all, but significant to me. Firewood does not burn itself. Heat will never come from wood that does not get hauled into the house. Firewood is also a lot more difficult to bring in during a snow or rain storm. I watch the weather forecasts and try to stay ahead of them by bringing in more wood before the  poor weather arrives. Procrastinating just does not make for a warm fire and a comfortable house. So that is why I spent some time yesterday preparing for a possible snowstorm over the next couple of days. 

Procrastination can hurt your reputation and is not really ever seen as a good trait. Procrastination is not ever considered reliability. 

So keep the home fire burning and enjoy the warmth of feeling good about your accomplishments and lack of procrastinating. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment