Saturday, January 6, 2024

Judas Was the First To Leave Early 1/6/2023

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with hot Door County Toasted Praline Coffee and it is time to write. 

John 13:26-27,3030 Jesus then answered, the man is the one for whom I shall dip the piece of bread and give it to him.  So when He had dipped the piece of bread, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. After this Satan then entered him. "Jesus said to Him, "what you are going to do, do it quickly.  30. So after receiving the piece of bread he left immediately and it was night. 

Typically we have a one hour church service from start to finish, maybe it lasts 15 minutes more now and then. People do make plans to do things after church and I can understand that too. There is a trend that I see happening and it is people checking their watches to see if the plans that were made for later are going to be hampered because the service is running late. These folks are usually the ones who have arrived late and are now looking to leave early.


I just vented my thoughts on this. I ask this question. Really? Is it necessary to put a time limit on spending time with God. I understand work commitments and that is a decent excuse, but in reality it isn't. Churches now offer alternative times and days to make sure we are available to be spiritually fed and engaged.  

I do not attend church to be fed, but I attend to serve. I go expecting to be there for others. We all should go with that in mind. I really don't see many people gathering around each other after the service to pray. We have some visiting and fellowship that goes on, and that too is truly important. But I wonder why people aren't praying with each other. 

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment