Friday, January 12, 2024

Can We Gather At The River? 1/12/2024

 Good Morning,

A Hot Stanley Bottle of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee is going to be my companion and part of my safety pack for today. I am headed to work and my goal is to be home before the blizzard conditions get bad. Once I get home I will crank up a fire in the fireplace and settle down to read for the night.

Isaiah 48:18 Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea. 

I have a lot of hunting memories that are very dear to me. Over the last twelve to fifteen years or more I have often duck hunted on a river South of our home. I have spent a lot of time there with three dogs now, and several relatives and friends. Some days the hunting was great and at other times not so good. The coffee was always good. The dogs made great company. Each day was different and sometimes the weather was downright brutal. 

I taught some young guys a few things out there and the lessons were a good review for this old fowl hunter. 

I can tolerate just about anything that could happen in the duck blind as long as we stay safe at all times. The worst thing that happened was the occasional falling off of a chair, a cell phone sunk, or a stumble into the river that filled some waders.

One thing that isn't tolerated is lack of harmony, and disunity between the people I hunt with. That kind of stuff has no place in the field or on the water. My expectation is that everyone is courteous and respectful  to each other, God, and the dogs. There is no room in my life to foster grudges, and hard feelings. Fortunately I hunt with men who feel the same way. Life is too short to have that nonsense ruin a day or a season. The essence of a real man is their ability to forgive. 

My point for today is this. Don't pollute the river by having hard feelings between others. Move on, forgive and forget.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment