Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Going Through Some History 1/10/2023

 Good Morning,

The morning had us wake up to good measure of snow and it has been long overdue. I have been praying for those who make a living by the snowfalls in this area. Ski hills and snow removal companies have been lacking for work. I salute them with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and it is time to write. 

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing, from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 

Yesterday my wife's mother called from her senior living home and she had a request or two. Since she has moved into senior care she had to downsize some of her belongings. Others have been stored in three other places and one of those is our home. Mother requested that my wife Rene bring to her the high school year books that we have stored for her. I have pictured today one of her year books, Vintage 1945 from Berlin High School Wisconsin.

Rene took some time and looked up mother and a few other relatives that attended school with her. I watched Rene as she paged through the year books looking for her mom's pictures. She would say "You have to see this". I would stop what I was doing and take some time to browse with her and then go back to what I was doing until the next golden moment in time was discovered. My point for the day is this. Take time to do what is important to others, even if it is not important to you. Make time to be unselfish and watch the good times through other's eyes. Rene has always spent time looking at the photo's of my hunting escapades. She has viewed her share of swamps and dead ducks without complaining. Yesterday as Rene was discovering things in her family history, her eyes were bright and she laughed quite often. So the year books became important to me as well. I love to hear her laugh!

Goal for today. Put others first. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment