Saturday, January 20, 2024

Let There Be Peace 1/20/2024

 Good Morning,

My day started with prayer and a very hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee.



I am sitting at my desk today, surrounded by fond memories. I have photos of past mission trips to remind me of where I have been. I have momentous of things given to me by my daughter and grandson. There are trophies my dogs have won. Pictures of my family and some vacation memories. My collection of books line one wall. Then there are the memories of taxidermied animals that hang from the walls to remind me of our dogs and the great hunts I have been on, and the people who were there.

For me, this is a den of refuge, prayer and peace. Each of my days usually always starts here and ends here.

But, what good is a room of peace and happiness if the mood or feelings never leave the room? To be at peace within your heart and home is great. But, that same peace needs to travel with us 

Spreading peace relies on us to extend the hand of peace, good will, prayer and reconciliation to others. 

There are times when I could sit in this den and never leave. The word peace is usually used as a noun. But  the word peace is at most times needed as a verb because it is something you can do

 I am stretching the English language a wee bit and Mr. Webster is turning in his grave. To me, to not bring peace to others is not what peace truly means. 

Jesus gives us a verbal idea on placing peace into action.

Matthew 5:19 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."

Food for thought.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment