Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year 1/1/2024

 Good Morning,

My day began very early and it is a day I have been looking forward to since last year. I just filled a Thermos bottle with Door County Mistletoe Mocha Coffee and now it is time to write. In a few minutes I will embark on a family tradition to hunt pheasants and hopefully shoot a couple. I have begun to age more lately and I don't take for granted as much as I used to that this won't be the last hunt. You just never know and this tradition might be seeing the sundown of it's life. Only time and today will tell me the future of the event. 

We must never take tomorrow for granted and if I were to give some advice on this New Years Day, I would say this. 

1.Never count on tomorrow.

2. Grudges never endeared anyone to anyone else. Bitterness is not a good trait and not a characteristic to desire. It doesn't make you a hero or a martyr. It just makes you a fool. 

3. Forgive and forget. Life is too short to cry at a funeral because you didn't forgive someone. And if by chance you come to me looking for comfort after you neglected to get right with others, you will receive a boot in the backside. 

4. If you feel you need an apology, don't be self centered. Go make right with those you have offended in the past before you ask someone to apologize to you. And don't assume you have not offended anyone. 

5. Never judge someone until you walk in their shoes. And then still don't be a judge. 

Romans 12:8 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 

6. This is a big world with millions upon millions of people in it. Don't give into believing that the sun rises and sets on your backside. You are 1 of millions and God loves you. But you are not the favorite child. The favorite one was sent to die for our sins. Want to have a decent emotional ride through 2024? Take the focus off of you and put it on others. 

Marty


3 comments:

  1. Very True Marty. Happy and prosperous New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! ❤️ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete