Thursday, January 4, 2024

Something To Make You Smile 1/4/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down with a very hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee. A small fire in the hearth is chasing away the cold in our house. Add some Cheerios for breakfast and I am doing well. 

Job 9:27 If I say," I will forget my complaint, I will put off my sad face, and be of good cheer."

I am usually the first one up and out of bed 90% of the time in our home. I have to be sick or totally exhausted for my wife to be on her feet before me. So I am greeted by our two dogs Leo and Gibbs on a daily basis. They want to get outside for their dog business and then they want to be fed. That is a normal day for me. 

Leo our youngest dog eats his food and then picks up the bowl and brings it to me. That bowl has been licked clean and nothing is ever left in it. That causes my first smile of the day. I then go to my desk and pray before I write this blog. That is my second smile of the day. I very often am headed to work after writing and that blessing of a job is my third smile. While my truck is warming up I fill the bird feeder and see the birds in the trees waiting to eat and that is my fourth smile. Somewhere in the day I see my wife Rene and that just adds to the smiles I have collected. 

If you look hard enough and it really shouldn't be hard at all, you can find reasons that make you smile. I challenge you all today to see the smiles you collect in one day. 

At the end of the day I say a prayer of thanks and put my head on the pillow and smile in thanks to the Almighty for the day. I also challenge you all once more to just see how many smiles you can generate in others. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment