Sunday, January 14, 2024

A Clear Act Of Kindness. 1/14/2024

 Good Morning,

It is still dark outside and the temperature is below zero. My cup is filled with Door County Coconut Caramel Coffee. It is time to write. 

Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.  


Last night we held a "celebration of life" after our weekly Saturday Night church service.  If celebration of life is a term that has you wondering as to what it is, just call it a funeral service. A friend of ours passed away and we gathered for a memorial to her life. 

Wouldn't you just know, that a a blizzard rocked our area the day before and yesterday many of us were still digging out from the storm. As we were shoveling and removing snow, the temperatures started dropping as well. Many, many people were without electricity and that means unless they had a fireplace they were also without heat. The  husband of  our deceased friend was one of those without power and heat. So on top of mourning for his wife, he was enduring the hardship of heavy snow, extreme cold and no power. This made me think of all of those folks who endure things like this every day and it caused me to be thankful for all we have. Our power did not go out and I am sitting in a warm house with hot coffee. 

Rene and I called on two couples who are in the same boat and offered a warm room and hot meals. They are weathering it out instead. They have modest heat and are trying to keep their pipes from freezing. Back to my friend who is in mourning. I wasn't surprised when I heard him say that another couple offered him a place to stay until the power comes back. I gave him a crash course on winterizing his piping and last I heard he took their offer and had a warm bed and food. 

I said this didn't surprise me that this couple came forth to help. They are known for their kind acts of love toward others. It makes you want to applaud and they are also very humble and don't look for applause. They act out of love and they set the bar high in that arena. I am proud to say that is what Christianity should be. We should all set the bar high on kindness.

Food for thought. 

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment