Thursday, January 11, 2024

A Heavy Blanket On His Heart 1/11/2024

 Good Morning, 

The coffee in my cup is Door County Country Morning Blend and it is doing a great job of warming me up this morning. 

Psalm 27:8 You have said, "Seek My face." My heart says to you, "Your face Lord do I seek".

We have the privilege of helping out a nephew for a couple of days this week. Our nephew had to travel for his job. He has watched our dogs and home for us when we travel so it is our turn to reciprocate. His English Springer Spaniel "Waylon" is staying with us. The three dogs get along like "furry cousins" should. Waylon has made himself at home and has kind of adopted my wife Rene as the go to person for him.

Gibbs, Waylon and Leo

What I have noticed about Waylon is the fact that he misses our nephew. He watches for Nick through the window next to the front door and he sits there until our two dogs and Rene decide to do something, like go outside.  I see the loyalty that has grown between my nephew and his dog. I don't have to work today and we were just pounded with some snow. The dogs will be joining me outside while I clean up the snow blanket that fell overnight. 

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had that kind of loyalty and love for one another? A love that makes you just want to watch out the window for someone to come home?  Even better than that, how about a love for Jesus so strong that you look forward to meeting with Him in prayer? Do we see through window of our hearts and long for that sweet hour of prayer and reading His word?  We all should be like puppies who crave that attention. Waylon is getting plenty of love and attention, but yet what he craves is His master. Do we crave and yearn for that time each day for the hand of the Master to reach out and touch our hearts?

We can learn a lesson from our dogs.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment