Friday, January 26, 2024

All About The Details. 1-26-2024

 Good Morning,

I just used the last of my Door County White Christmas Coffee. My cup is filled to the top and it is time to write

On January 1st 2024 I started reading through the Bible and the adventure has been amazing. I read for about 20 minutes a day and that seems to work well. 

During my reading, which now has me in the book of Leviticus I can't express with words just how much God spends on instructions and details. In Genesis, God designed the earth and it's inhabitants.

God then instructs Noah on how to build an ark. He accounts for what lumber to use and how to seal it.

Moses comes along and God instructs him on how to lead thousands of Israelites out of Egypt. God provided water and food. He designed the tabernacle. 

Details, details and more details. I have led a few mission teams in my day and have seen God at work. He always was willing to instruct us on what to do every day. He never left out a detail. 

If we were faithful to follow the instructions to the very last detail, God blessed our work.  If we took a shortcut, His blessing was withdrawn from us. It was obvious when that happened. There immediately was a lack of unity and confusion entered in.

So if God knows how to create birds that fly, or tides that move oceans on a daily basis, shouldn't we also be concerned about the details of our life?

We should never slack on work, rest, family, and our time with God. As was said over and over again by the people in Exodus. " All the words which the Lord has said, we will do."

Is our vow to serve the Lord held together by lip service or by obedience to even the least of details?

Food For Thought!

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment