Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Best Music Is In The Antique Shop 1-23-2024

 Good Morning, 

Once again I have filled my mug with Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. The coffee is extra hot, just the way I like it.

Last Sunday my wife Rene and I ventured out to look for an antique license plate. A dear friend of mine knows that we poruse antique emporiums now and then..He asked us to look for a certain license plate for him. We decided that afternoon would be a good time to search and have lunch together. 

We traveled to the Waukesha Antique Mall in Waukesha Wisconsin. The store is well organized, with great selections. The kind staff makes it a pleasurable experience. It reminded me of a museum that held my memories.

While Rene and I were searching diligently for the license plate I walked slowly down each aisle. I looked in every booth and to be honest, the serene setting took me on a trip down memory lane. We didn't find the license plate we were looking for. But we did take home a couple of treasures for ourselves. 

While strolling the aisles, the background music was playing just loud enough to be heard. They were playing what I would call some "Classic Oldies". It took me back to hot rods and letter sweaters. It occurred to me that I really relax when I visit an antique shop. Some of the things I see remind me of my grand parents or my parents. My mother always said I was born too late and I should have been 18 years old in 1957. 

Where am I going with this? Well, I had a great day doing what my wife loves to do. I went somewhere and the setting gave me fond memories. Anytime I can walk and soothe my soul while traveling down memory lane is an A day.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report,if there is anything praiseworthy- meditate on these things.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment