Monday, December 14, 2020

The Thief At the Door Part Two 12/14/2010

 

Good Morning,

I am looking at two tough days ahead with a lot to do. It is good to be busy and I really enjoy working even if it is just part time. Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte goes good with early mornings. 

Galatians 3:26 For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Last week I wrote about a gift that was ordered for our daughter and was missing. It was perishable goodies from Wisconsin sent for her birthday. The box was supposedly delivered to the correct address but was missing in action, assumed stolen. We were disheartened to say the least. 

What a surprise yesterday when our daughter called and the box was brought to her by another family who accidentally received it at their home. The ham, bacon, and sausages were intact and were not harmed. 

This did so much to restore my faith in humanity. Later she sent a picture of some ham cooking and we were so happy to be a part of a meal she would enjoy. 

I won't mention her age but as many of you will agree, no matter how old a child gets, they are still your child. I am 63 years old and if my parents were still alive I am sure that they would still worry about me and still give me advice and encouragement .

Even though they are gone I still, like a child seek out my Heavenly Father in good and in bad times. I like to share my blessings with Him and say thank you, And when this old man gets tired, confused, or worried I run to Him for comfort and advice. I guess in God's eyes we never grow up and are always one of His children.

For this I am grateful.

Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment