Sunday, December 13, 2020

I Saw Goodness Come Down 12/13/2020

 Good Morning,

My day started with prayer, a warm fire, and a cup of Door County Christmas Coffee. Our two dogs are a little lazy today and not begging to run around and play. I will take advantage of the quiet and write.


My personal beliefs tell me that God is omnipresent and I truly believe that. I find great comfort in knowing that I am never alone.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe what I have commanded you. And behold I am with you always.

Last night some of our neighbors and the two of us visited the home for the aged in our neighborhood to sing Christmas Carols and leave the residents with some small gifts. We wore our masks for safety and sang outdoors from their patio. The residents joined us from inside their dining room and we in all reality sang through the windows. This Covid Christmas has many people staying close to home. The normal Christmas parties and social activities have been curtailed. Usually my wife and I are in Florida for a week of family time. Not this year.  Our normal December Calendar is filled with tons of busyness and by the time New Years arrives we are beat. 

You can't imagine what our experience was like last night. It was short. I am not sure we sang on key all the time. If you wore glasses, they fogged up from the masks and I know I couldn't see the words on the music sheets. Yet when I looked into the home, I saw smiles. The residents and their attendant were smiling and trying to sing along with us. Under our masks I know we were smiling.

Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than a king elsewhere.

As I surveyed the choir assembled on the patio, my belief in God being everywhere filled me with joy. God saw our intent. He was with us and might have joined in on the singing. Last night God allowed us to see goodness during a time of fear and confusion in the world. I won't forget that small group and the residents who were so happy. Although the time was short I knew for sure that Rene and I were in the right place at the right time. Even though we were a small group, we were not alone! I for one was chilled a little, but my heart was warm.

Merry Christmas,

Marty










No comments:

Post a Comment