Thursday, December 10, 2020

Keep The Faith. Your Legacy 12/10/2020

 Good Morning,

It is supposed to be a pleasant, fairly warm day today with the harsh bite of winter showing up on this coming Friday and Saturday. It might be good for some late season goose hunting. Just maybe it will be a great weekend for hunting.  I am drinking some Door County White Christmas Coffee this morning and then headed out to work very soon.  It is time to write.

I watched two family members and one friend deal with disappointments yesterday and it wasn't easy to hear about what they experienced. I won't go into details on the three situations. But after hearing what the world is trying to do to them or did to them, I personally had a head of steam and wanted to open a 5 pound can of whoop butt on those who were responsible for my loved ones bad day.

I had to take a respite from it all and actually pounded some fire wood into kindling for an hour last night. My neighbors must have thought I flipped out. But while taking stock of the day I realized that what I needed was to rest, not on anger, but on faith. There is nothing I can do to fix all three situations and I wasn't much support to them when they needed to be heard and understood. If anyone needed to vent, it was those three. I want my faith to be my legacy some day but what I really saw in myself was that anger trumped my faith and I was useless to those I care about. After all these years I still have a long way to go. But the goal is good and worth pursuing. I will keep running the race.  What would you want others to say about you? 

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.

Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment