Friday, December 4, 2020

Is There Evidence Enough? 12/4/2020

Good Morning,

It is an early start to the day for me and it looks like a long one ahead. I will definitely enjoy my hot mug of Door County Christmas Coffee this morning? 

Mt wife Rene watches a few of those shows that dig up lost evidence that helps solve crimes. The phrase I often hear as I walk by coming from the lead investigators is this. "The evidence shows" . This means that they feel that there is enough evidence to convict someone or in some instances help to acquit a person. For many years there just wasn't enough evidence. 

Recently someone on the radio challenged Christians with this statement. "If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" Wow that hit me like a ton of bricks. What do others think of us crossed my mind. Would they be able to swear in court that by our lifestyles we could be convicted for being Christians.

I think, that as we approach the Christmas season we should do a little self assessment with what should be seen in our lives and give ourselves a passing or failing grade in each category. 

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things there is no law.

We should be more than decorations in our home or on our houses. Let's make this a Christmas where we become "convictable". 

Food for thought?

Marty



 

No comments:

Post a Comment