Tuesday, December 8, 2020

A Little Apple Cider For Christmas 12/8/2020

 Good Morning,

Tuesday is upon us and it's looking more like Christmas in our home every day. Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee is doing it's best to wake me up and warm me up.

Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not His benefits.

Last night we worked pretty late on adding all the ornaments to our Christmas tree. The ornaments have no rhyme nor reason to them.  They are a hodge podge collection of memories and gifts. I placed one on the tree that was from our first married Christmas together. We purchased it 1000 years ago.


During the process last night my wife suggested we take a cookie break and have some hot apple cider to wash down the cookie. I am all for a cookie break anytime. We made the cider especially sharp with extra mulling spices. It opened our nostrils in a big way and warmed us up at the same time.

During our break, Rene remarked how blessed we were. I asked her what we were blessed with or was she making a comment in general. She replied. "A lot of people would love to have a cookie and apple cider tonight and they don't have any. We were blessed with a great apple harvest." Then she got sappy and said "And we still have two of us to eat a cookie and drink cider with. We are blessed to be together".

I agreed with her and all of a sudden the tree decorating wasn't a chore but more of an act of togetherness. Last night in a mess of a living room, I counted our blessings and Christmas came early to my heart.

Take time to be grateful and count all your blessings. Make sure if you can, tell the blessings of people in your life that they are a blessing. Let Christmas come early to your heart and to the hearts of others. 

You all are a blessing to me!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment