Thursday, December 3, 2020

Christmas Music O Holy Night 12/3/2020

 Good Morning,

Today began with a Hot cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee and prayer. It is time to write.

Part of my work day yesterday had me on the road for awhile. I searched the radio stations and found one that plays Christmas Music 24/7 now. I listened to it all day as I drove to appointments and then home.

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear away from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor pain, nor crying, anymore, for the former things have passed away.

During the trips I listened to Holy Night twice and found that both artists did an excellent job on their renditions of this Christmas classic. My mind took me to the first time I actually heard this song, sung by a man with a beautiful tenor voice when I was about ten years old. It was in church and the song chilled me to the bone.

It was the first time it dawned on me that Jesus actually left heaven to save the world. I always thought the world needed saving, but not me. It was later in life when I met Jesus as my Lord on a night in July. That was my Holy Night. Since then, when I hear the song I I always lift up a prayer of thanks to the One who left heaven, went into a womb and later on in life went to the tomb for me and you. Jesus left a place where the Father resides. There is no sorrow, tears, disease or sin in heaven. That little baby came to die for us and He did it willingly.  So when you hear that song sung, remember the baby came to die. Be grateful for the gift of Christmas. 

God bless,

Marty

O holy night!
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night
Of the dear Savior's birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appear'd and the soul felt His worth
A thrill of hope
The weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks
A new and glorious morn!
Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices
Oh night divine
Oh night when Christ was born
Oh night divine, oh night, oh night divine
Chains shall He break
For the slave is our brother
And in His name all oppression shall cease
Sweet hymns of joy
In grateful chorus raise we
Let all within us praise His holy name
Christ is the Lord, let ever ever praise Thee
Noël, Noël
Oh night, Oh night divine
Noël, Noël
Oh night, Oh night divine
Noël, Noël
Oh, oh night, oh night divine
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: . Dp / Bart Millard / Pete Kipley

O Holy Night lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, Essential Music Publishing



No comments:

Post a Comment