Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A Brownie Teaser 12/9/2020

 Good Morning,

I just woke up to the sound of Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee brewing in the kitchen. Our two dogs have been outside and have been fed. It's time to write and start my day. 

Micah 6:8 MSG Be He's already made it plain on how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It is quite simple. Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love. Do not take yourself too seriously. Take God seriously.

Last night we held our Bible study on Zoom so as to try and keep everyone healthy. Zoom works well for those things and for now it is the way to go. My prayer is that we will be able to resume in person studies in a month or so. 

At the end of the study and after prayer we usually spend a few minutes socializing and having a laugh or two. It is no secret within our church that one of my favorite treats is a big pan of brownies. I like my brownies frosted with about a half of an inch of frosting on them. A big glass of milk and I am in my own personal happy place. Just a few nights ago I had the blessing to be able to deliver some meals to a family in our congregation. This family was hit by the covid bomb and some prepared meals were in order. Last night the husband and dad was in the Bible study and afterwards my nosey self just had to ask him a question. I wanted to know what was in one of the food pans I delivered because whatever it was sure smelled good. This guy grinned with a huge smile and held up a a brownie for me to see. It looked good enough to eat right from the video screen. We all shared in that laugh and I am still getting a chuckle from his response. 

I did not feel hurt or ashamed for the little joke to be on me. My wife and I laughed about it later and she enjoyed the chuckle immensely. 

Friends, it is important that we don't take ourselves too seriously. We need to be able to laugh together and enjoy some comedy now and then. It vital to be able to laugh at yourself and with others. My buddy meant no harm and I did not take any ill feelings away from the experience. My heart had some Jingle Bells inside just because we had some fun. If I could do something daily that would make people smile, I sure would be the blessed one. When we take ourselves too seriously we can lose out on great times of fun and laughter. We only cause ourselves harm by not having a merry heart. I often tell people that I believe there is a huge television screen in heaven and they have access to the Heavenly Comedy Channel. I think that throughout the day my family members in heaven tune in and I am the star of the show. They might be saying, "Let's see what the family clown is up to today". God replies and says, "You won't believe it." 

Of course this isn't my real beliefs on what heaven is like. But I wouldn't mind it at all if it was. I like to laugh too!

Marry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment