Monday, March 30, 2020

An Honest But Embarrassing Mistake 3/31/2020

Good Morning,

My fast from coffee left me with a headache yesterday. But my prayer life was better because of it. If I were drinking coffee today my flavor would be Door County Blueberry Cobbler.

I thought for today I would share a little laugh and sunshine today. Many years ago for some strange reason, while at a family gathering the subject turned to "the placenta"

  1. 1.
    a flattened circular organ in the uterus of pregnant eutherian mammals, nourishing and maintaining the fetus through the umbilical cord

Why it was discussed for at least a half an hour I can't recall. Now our gathering was for Christmas. We held it the week before Christmas due to our health care schedules.  When arriving to work later in the week I remembered that I hadn't purchased a gift for my Administrative Assistant yet. She likes flowers so I called the local florist. The hospital where my office was located was in a small town. They only had one florist in town that would deliver.


I made my call and asked them to deliver their freshest and biggest placenta to the hospital for my assistant. The phone went dead until they asked me who I was.  I proudly told them who I was and that a big red one would be great unless they had a big white one.  I was then asked to describe it and I told them " you know the Christmas flower". the person on the other end was laughing at me hysterically. I almost hung up on them. When she said "you mean Poinsettia". It dawned on me like an earthquake in the middle of the night. I really blew it. I was so embarrassed.

Now the lesson here is this. I really screwed up and the lady that took my order also was part of the local quilting club and my mother in law was a member.. She could have had some real fun at my expense. I never heard one word from anyone in town or anyone else.

This lady kept my idiocy to herself and did not blab about the local hospital director as being a moron.

Sometimes the stories we tell can cause shame to others. We need to think before we speak,

Proverbs 11:13 Whoever goes about slandering, reveals secrets. But he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered.

So, Christmas was wonderful and no harm was done. But now when I order things I make sure I know all about what I want.

God bless,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. And I thought I was alone making goofy statements. Thank you Marty, praying for you guys.
    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story-great lesson-great friend! Thank you Brother. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete