Monday, March 23, 2020

Splitting Firewood. To Pray And Be Productive 3/23/2020

Good Morning.

Today finds me on the road for work very early. Not just a cup of coffee today but a Thermos full of Door County Cherry Creme! I packed a lunch for the road trip of apples and a summer sausage sandwich.  I should be good to go.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

Rene and I have been blessed through the years with neighbors who are more than neighbors. We have two teams of neighbors who live across the street that we think the world of. Next door to us is another set of neighbors who mean a lot to us also.


I like to go outside at night to think, let the dogs run, and pray. Our next door neighbor is ailing now and his fireplace is used to take the chill away from his body. He just loves that extra warmth. The byproduct of him burning firewood is that I enjoy the smell rising from their chimney. The smoke aroma reminds me of arriving to my parents home on a cold night. They heated their whole place with wood. We were always greeted with a warm house, warm bed, coffee and some freshly baked rolls. I can't tell you how often I tear up when I am outside and that smoke from the neighbor's fire takes me back to happy days.

Over the last couple of days I have been splitting firewood for next year. With this virus going on around us I was outside with me myself and I for quite awhile. I did a lot of thinking and praying while working on my task. I of course cut a few pieces for our neighbor, the kind with a little thicker smoke! The key to this message is that I kept busy. I was productive and I blessed another family a little. During my chore I prayed as the Holy Spirit placed people on my mind. I prayed a lot for Italy  as well as for the rest of the world. All of this while splitting logs.

Put prayer to work whenever you have time. I talked with God and He was right next to me keeping me company while I worked and prayed. He wants to hear from you.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment