Monday, March 30, 2020

When The War Surrounds Us 3/30/2020

Good Morning,

Our pastor has asked us all to fast from something this week and devote this week to prayer. I thought about giving up pickled pork hocks but I only eat those twice a year. So I pulled the string on my daily coffee. I figure a little more sacrifice is needed. So if I were drinking coffee today it would be a big cup of Door County Maple.

I try to learn things from everything I do or study. I try to learn things from my hobbies. Notice I said learn from not learn more about my hobbies although that is a good idea also.

I actually learned something from the television shows or movies I prefer to watch.
I like to watch old war movies and cowboy movies. Over the years I have noticed a few things. But one stands out as note worthy. Being surrounded by your enemy never seems to be a good idea or extremely popular by those who are surrounded. It always seems as if fear is a top commodity. Escape is a priority. Nerves are stretched further than ever. Sometimes there is conflict with others who are on the same side. Indecision seems to take the place of decisiveness. In one of John Wayne's movies He said to one fella,
"Looks like you got yourself surrounded". The other man replied "Yes and I plan on getting myself un-surrounded." Even John Wayne did not like the idea of being surrounded.

On the other hand there are times I cherish being surrounded.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people. For this time forth and forever. Psalm 125:2

We can count on God to surround us with His love and presence. I mentioned this to someone yes once and they replied. "But I am surrounded by troubles."  "Oh yes" was my reply. "But think about it. Your troubles are surrounded too." When you look at it that way, surrounded doesn't sound so bad. God has your back!

Go out today and let's all work to get unsurrounded. We can do that with prayer and fasting.

God Bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my friend! I so appreciate that encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and Rene, you had me concerned yesterday when I didn't see your blog. Good to see Pastor Ryan's replies, love you guys too.
    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete