Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A Restricted Life Covid 19 3/17/2020

Good Morning,

I am happy to wake up this morning without any symptoms of the Corona Virus darkening my day. The smell of the Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee brewing in the kitchen had my attention about 30 minutes ago.


This virus has everyone on edge from a little to a lot. Depending on where you live some people have it worse than others. My heart goes out to those battling the illness or planning funerals. My prayers are with them.

What has me a little disturbed is the behavior people are exhibiting as they plan to be quarantined or restricted to home . Hoarding groceries, and water, shows me the lack of God in the lives of many who only care about themselves, Their is no "All for one, one for all" attitude let alone any love your neighbor being exhibited by many people. Fear has them in it's grip and the normally kind and considerate people have turned into toilet paper mongers. People are quicker to make a big deal out of anything. I have even witnessed people stealing hand sanitizer.  The virus has turned people into thieves.  Wow.

Proverbs 28:6 Better to be without, than to be filled and dishonest. 

I would rather be in need than to hoard and watch my neighbor go without. What's lacking in their grocery bag is a big helping of Jesus Christ and his example of serving all.

Ok, it's time for round two with this bug. Can we do better as we restrict our lives and learn to stay home for a few days or weeks without grumbling and complaining? Your restricted time just might save a life,

Get it? Got it? Now Do It

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment