Monday, March 2, 2020

Working Two Jobs For Nothing 3/2/2020

Good Morning,

Sunrise will be here soon and I will welcome it with open arms. I just finished some of my prayer time and now it s time to settle in and write. The house is quiet and warm. a cup of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee is sitting next to me. All is well.


We all have a calling or two in our lives and having one job as well as keeping up with home chores keeps me busy enough. There have been times in my life where I had to pick up some extra work to build up the bank account or pay off some unforeseen bills. I was fortunate enough to be able to perform some plumbing work for people and it paid enough to get us where we needed to be in our finances.  There were times that working the two jobs had me just more than exhausted. But yet, I would take on a third job, that i was not qualified for and had no business doing at all.

Let me explain, and I think many of us do this. We try to play God and judge the world. We see an injustice or we are wronged and we rise up and start a crusade of judgement, exercising our anger or disdain. We decide that we should carry out what God isn't doing in the way or time we would have it done.

This second or third job that we take on weighs us down and an already tired and weak body becomes more worn and haggard. We lose the ability to focus on anything else and lack the drive to let it GO!!  God is the One who sits in the judgement seat and clearly warns us to stay out of  His chair.  We will never be able to carry the weight of righting the wrongs and handing our or not handing out punishments for the things others did. We are not God!

Luke 6:37-38 Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not and you will not be condemned; forgive and you will be forgiven; give and it will be given to you. For the measure you use will be used to measure you. 

We cannot assume we know what  the correct amount of judgement or sentence is or should be. We can lessen our load in the world, by letting God handle the wrongs of others. We should spend more time keeping ourselves free from sin and self made troubles.  There is a Country Western Song that says "Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy."  I think we should all retire from trying to run the world and lose the job of self righteousness. We can all use a vacation from the job taken, but not needed.

God Bless,

Marty


4 comments:

  1. I have been in the place where I thought I might be able to help a brother in the LORD but what I thought would help was taken as offense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I try to put myself in the other person's shoes before I speak. I try, but I don't always listen when I should,

      Delete
  2. Even when the Archangel Michael was fighting with Satan, he would not let any anger come out of His own mouth to Satan but He said, "May the LORD rebuke you." But we are to seek the heart of God. We are to seek His Truth in prayer. And when we align ourselves and tap into His purposes, He reveals much. Yes, praying in unity can move mountains but so can the prayers of one. And if we are truly praying the prayers of the Holy spirit, we may think that we are praying alone, but the fact is that the body of Christ is joining us, praying the same things even when we don't know any of the other members. I used to go to a church, it was not a bad church, but it was a typical church. Years ago they used to pray every Sunday before the service. The spirit would show up. But they stopped doing the most important, vital thing and it changed. The pastor was a good man but I wasn't being fed, I wasn't growing. Me and 2 others started praying one day a week in the church and you could see the seed bear fruit at different times. I believe it was the seed of prayers that finally voted this pastor out of the church. I am going to a church alive in the Holy Spirit and God is growing me again. It is a church I used to go to 10 years ago and had to leave because the pastor was not hearing what God was wanting him to hear. Because of it, satan was coming into the church in many ways. I had spoken to the church about it and they assured me that they were working on the situation. It changed for about 2 months, but then it was right back where they were before. Every true man and woman of God was leaving the church. I was one of the last ones to leave but I had to. The head is always in charge of the church by authority. If the head is not in line, we can only pray that God is sovereign and deals with it. 10 years later I am back at that church and with the same pastor, who is 75 plus years is still there but God is over the church now. Many of the strong people that had left were back also. He had gotten on His knees and surrendered himself a living sacrifice to Jesus after his youngest son killed his wife in front of his 2 children and then killed himself. They were in the middle of a divorce. 2 weeks prior, a word was given to his son about his anger destroying his life if he did not deal with it with the Lord. Pastor had to repent for his part in the condition of his son. It is not about money or numbers but it is about the condition of people's hearts and now every person that goes into this church now, God is changing the condition of their hearts. It is amazing to see the changes in this pastor now. The humility, the surrender, the removal of pride. So I am back at this church because I see the movement of God.

    ReplyDelete