Saturday, March 21, 2020

The Life Of A Dog 3/21/2020

Good Morning,

I am a little late in writing to all of you today. I slept longer and recharged the batteries in this vintage model of a body. Soon after waking up the kitchen called out to me and the aroma of a fresh pot of Door County Heroes Blend Coffee was breaching my nose like an army would storm a beach.

Mark 1:35 And rising up very early in the morning, while it was dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed. 

It was very quiet in our neighborhood this morning. Our two Springer Spaniels have been pretty much cooped up due to the weather being wet and muddy. They have been going out to do their "dog business" but not really getting out to run and play. But this morning our yard was frozen and hard. I proceeded to dress myself with warm clothes and with coffee in hand the three of us went outside . Both dogs could tell by the extra clothing and boots we were going to have some fun and a little hunting training.



I watched as I was putting my boots on as the excitement in the two dogs was just boiling over. They were turning in circles, jumping around and then running to the door.  We exited the house via the garage. Both dogs are trained not to run out when the door opens. Just for fun I opened the garage door and made them wait for a minute before being allowed to leave the garage. Once I gave them the command to go, they both took off running. Around and around the house they went. This circus was more like a NASCAR race where they drivers were on steroids and full of moon shine. This pandemonium had me laughing out loud and it warmed my heart.

Our two dogs don't know or care that there is a world wide virus going around. What they really wanted was to spend time with me outside. They enjoy searching for fake birds that I throw and hide for them. It's about as close to the real thing that they will get for some time. Now when we let them out to do the dog business, they go out and come back in without playing around. No one ever scolded them for playing or told them not to.

But when my old chore coat and hat went on they knew we were headed outside. I am the only one that can provide their fun now and they were eager to train and play as long as I was with them, They wanted time with the Master.

Friends we all have a little more time on our hands now and for the the immediate future. We can have some great time, more than usual with God. We can open up those Bibles more often and read. We can turn on an extra sermon via television or the internet. We can pray more and grow closer in our relationship with God. Shouldn't we want to jump and dance around because we have more time with our Creator?

Food for thought on this Saturday. Love to all. Keep praying for the world. Italy, my heart is breaking for you all.   pregando per te

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment