Saturday, March 28, 2020

Coming In From The Storm 3/28/2020

Good Morning,

We are in the middle of some heavy rain today and it is predicted for tomorrow also. I noticed that our two dogs are not really crazy about being outside in the cold rain. They did their outdoor business and came inside quickly. They are both staring at my cup of Door County Roasted Praline Coffee. I can tell you all this for certain. That isn't going to happen!

We can learn a lesson from my two furry companions. They follow their instincts pretty well. They knew they had business to do outside in the cold rain. They also knew where they could return to shelter and be warm. They were fed and given some vitamins for hunting dogs. They are now curled up next to each other and you can tell they are content.


Dear Friends, these are turbulent times for sure. Most of the world is fighting a global pandemic virus that seems to be showing no mercy. I myself am in quarantine for the fourth day. It's times like these that we just realize how small we are compared to the world and it's evil. But instinctively we all want to be comforted and safe. Now, we have a nice home and food. But the house and the food although nice, did not save me from getting sick.  There is something more that I need and like a wet cold dog I need the shelter of the Master. God always invites us to come to Him and shelter in place with Him.

I have found some bible verses to show us just that. And like a shivering dog I find comfort in the Words of the Master who says come in and we will weather this storm together.

Psalm 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him. God is a refuge for us.

Psalm 46: 1-2 God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid even if the mountains fall and the Earth is shaken.

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer. My God, my Rock in whom I take refuge. My salvation and and my High Tower. 

So friends, I leave you with this. You are loved and I just prayed for all who read this today, and tomorrow.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment