Sunday, March 15, 2020

Stop The World And Let Me Off 3/15/2020

Good Morning,

Drinking some Door County Cherry Creme Coffee to start my day.

Does it seem to you that the world spins faster and there just isn't enough time in a day to keep up with life? I have declared today as stop the world day! Now how can I do that? I really can't control the speed of any other life but my own. I am not advocating for a sit down or strike. But my plan sometime today is to sit, be still, pray and read my Bible slowing down enough to hear from God and wind down.



1 Kings 19:11-13   God’s Revelation to Elijah

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

I can only imagine that if I were with Elijah when this took place I am sure I would not have been wondering about getting to the dry cleaners on time, mowing the grass, or paying the bills. For a short time I would have been concentrated on God and in a way that the world would have been stopped for awhile.

So my plan today is to take that time find a quiet place and let God stop the world for just a little while so I can enjoy Him!

Want to have a great day? Just let God stop it for an hour or two!
Love ya!
Marty

2 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement Marty, I stop most every morning, and it should be every morning, and spend time in prayer with the God Who made me, and spend time in the love letter that He left us.

    ReplyDelete