Monday, March 16, 2020

A Steady Dog 3/16/2020

Good Morning,

Today I am slurping down some very hot Door County Totally Nuts Coffee. No comments on the nut drinking the coffee please. I saved a package of this coffee in a small time capsule I made and stored in our basement. I have been saving it for a time just like these, when the world seems NUTS!
A successful duck hunter needs a few pieces of equipment. A gun, some duck calls, waders, decoys, ammo, and a steady dog. A dog that can be counted on to listen, sit and follow directions is most valuable. One who can hold still despite the shooting going on, duck calls blaring and birds approaching. The wrong move at the wrong time could flare the birds, interrupt a shot and also be dangerous to the dog if he leaps in front of the gun.

As Christians we are to listen to God and follow His commands.

Proverbs 2:1-5     My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.        

John 10:27-28    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.


A steady dog uses less energy, accomplishes much, and is rewarded by His Master. A steady dog is patient and waits on the Master's command. We too should be steady people waiting on a command from our God.

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Are we steady and patient with God who has all the answers or are we running out there under our own power wasting time and energy? Do we wait on Him or jump in and mess it all up?

Sit, be still and know that He is God.

Be happy,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment