Thursday, March 12, 2020

Cut To The Bone 3/12/2020

Good Morning,

This morning is void of any interference or noise in the house. Our two English Springer Spaniels are sleeping on the floor next to me. I am enjoying the quiet and have been praying for awhile now. A hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog joined me for this devotional.


I read and study Scripture daily and I rarely miss a day of time in God's Word. When I do miss spending time in the Word I find that something seems to be lacking all day long. There is something missing and  it is that intimate time spent listening to God through His word.  My day just isn't right until I read, study and dine on the Word of God.

I truly believe that although I am breathing, walking, talking and taking in nourishment on those days, I am not really living unless I hear from God and let His Word penetrate my soul and stubborn heart. Two Bible verses eat at my heart when I am away from the Word.

Deuteronomy 8:3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your father know, that He might make you know, that man shall not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. 

Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God, is living and powerful, it is sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit and joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Friends, when I open my Bible I know that every time I do there is something there there to teach me, confront me, calm me or equip me. In some instances it has pierced my heart to the core and has driven me to repent, change or move forward. The Word has kept me from mistakes and has led me through changes that came along in life.

I was pondering once again this coronavirus  and it's heavy mortality rate. There is some panic and a lot of fear to this new stage in the life of the world. But the Word of God has spoken to me once again.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land.

Friends I am asking for you to pray. Not just in the United States, but also those who read this blog that are around the world, Italy, China, England, Korea both North and South, Japan, Russia, Turkmenistan, Germany, Brazil, and more.  I am asking that if you are quarantined, pray in your homes. God is there. If you can make it to church and can corporately pray with others do so. Follow the rules the authorities have established and show them the respect that is due their position. This too is Biblical.

You see the Word has cut me to the bone and has drawn my attention to do something. God is alive and well. Let's humble ourselves before Him and pray.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment