Thursday, March 26, 2020

Potato Soup And Love 3/26/2020

Good Morning,

I will be keeping this short today. I am enjoying a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and a warm house. It is time to write.

Colossians 3:12  Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and  beloved,  compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness an patience.

Yesterday I gave in to a fever that came out of nowhere and I am taking the precaution of self quarantine procedures advised by my physician. I am doing very well and I am hoping this is just the flu or a sinus infection. Time will tell.


So what I am writing about is my"caregiver". My wife Rene kicked into high gear yesterday and took over the house management. I was locked down, given plenty to drink and eat. I could see her concern in her eyes and I knew that I needed to fully cooperate.

Later last night Rene knocked on the door and handed off a bowl of potato soup and some saltine crackers. That soup was very hot just the way I like it. That hot soup helped to clear my head a little and the way is was delivered is way I will never forget. There she was with a plated bowl, crackers, sweat pants, sweat shirt, rubber gloves and a surgical face mask. She winked at me and placed the food into my room.

Friends, that took me back many years when Rene and I worked at the same hospital. She would often wink at me from afar while in surgery or Interventional Radiology while wearing a mask. I always knew there was a hidden smile under those masks.

Last night the smile and the wink did a a lot to lift my mood and soon there after I was sound asleep.

I was given a dose of Soup and Love . See what you can do to brighten someones day on this fine Thursday.

God bless,

Marty.




2 comments:

  1. My brother, keeping you and Rene in our prayers, love you guys, also keeping the leprakaun and his bride in prayer.

    ReplyDelete