Monday, October 16, 2017

Thoughts For The Fall. October Colors.

Good Morning,

Let's start this week off right by going to God in prayer and obedience to His Word. I just filled my mug with Sunrise In Door County Coffee. It's a light brew, but is just what I need on this cool crisp morning.

Psalm 19:1New International Version (NIV)
The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

October in Wisconsin is one of the most beautiful times of the year. God changes our scenery and paints the trees with colored leaves as He begins to bring us into winter. Our landscape is painted by the Master and each view is One of a kind.



When I see the leaves begin to turn color it reminds me to truly prepare for the snow and cold of winter. I see the geese fly in a V formation heading South and it reminds me that we serve a powerful and caring God. The apples are picked and stored. All of the tomatoes were harvested and placed in the freezer. The squash was harvested also and is packaged in frozen slabs within the freezer. Seeing these items as I go in and out of the freezer reminds me how God blessed us with plenty, and enough to share. Those tomatoes will make some great soup and the salsa will be served at the holiday gatherings and for the Super Bowl game.

When it gets colder  God will paint the grass and fallen leaves with the white lace of frost and maybe some light snow. The scenery will keep changing and the nights will get longer, but that's when the fireplace feels best. God gave us enough wood to burn this fall and winter. He is the Great Provider. God brings the cold to help me enjoy the heat of a fire. It is the simple pleasures that I embrace.



With all this, one could say that God is very busy. He is busy. He never sleeps. He is always at work. Best of all the Famous Artist still takes time to listen to every prayer, and He is always with us.

Hebrews 13:521st Century King James Version (KJ21)
Let your manner of living be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have. For He hath said, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”;

Fall always reminds me of this. I wish I could share this day with all of you. God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment