Thursday, October 12, 2017

Celebrating Life. Porktoberfest.

Good Morning,

I can hear my cup of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend  Coffee brewing as I write. The day has begun and I am looking forward to a long but, productive day.



Tuesday night at Men's Bible Study we held a little dinner gathering with all of the guys. We decided to celebrate October with some Kielbasa sandwiches and other dishes. We called the evening "Porktoberfest". The sandwiches were a hit and the Bible study was pretty serious. During our prayer time I closed my eyes a and started to think about one of the guys that used to come to our study. Bob started coming to the study later in life. He was a retired gentleman who had a hunger for the Word of God  and good fellowship. Bob always used get there early and would often stay later to clean up. Bob really thrived in this arena. I thought to myself that this would have been a night that Bob would have really enjoyed. Bob passed away a couple of years ago. We still talk about him and his passion to work for the Lord. The Men's leadership group has decided to do something like this once a month. Our goal is to celebrate each month with the guys who are there. We need to celebrate what God is doing in our lives , and the fact that we are all together, before life changes the dynamics of the group. You just never know.

Lamentations 3:21-25English Standard Version (ESV)
21 But this I call to mind,
    and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”
25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul who seeks him.

Celebrate more and grumble less. Recall what God has done for you. Life is too short not to.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment