Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Choose Your Friends Wisely 10/25/2017

Good Morning,

Yes the cold weather is here and I am one happy camper today. Here goes the first cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee right down the hatch! Cold weather and coffee, they just go together like peanut butter and jelly.



I have been blessed with friends though out the years and some are still around and some aren't. Those that have moved on are still friends of mine but we don't keep in touch as often. There are two others that I won't see until heaven calls me home. Others I see daily or on a weekly basis.

1 Corinthians 15:33New International Version (NIV)
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”[

All of my friends are gifts from God. But it seems that God will provide a friend for a season in my life and once that friend has worked to teach me something, God moves them on. One thing I had to learn the hard way was to not always jump into friendships that don't improve my morals or relationship with God. If the friendship isn't uplifting and encouraging in either direction it might be one to avoid. I also believe that from time to time God sent me to others to try and teach them something or direct them in the way they should go. The friendship was only to last a season.

But there are the other friendships that are once in a lifetime experiences. They are precious and the friendship becomes a two way street of support, companionship, correction, and encouragement. These types of friends are priceless and that time spent together is a God given blessing from above. As partners in the friendship you sacrifice for on another and always work to uplift the other. Anger is an unspoken word and does not exist between two close friends. Forgiveness is given without asking.

If you have a friend like this or are blessed to have more than one, take some time today to pray for them. Pray a blessing over them. I just did.

Numbers 6:24-26New International Version (NIV)
24 “‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’

Have a great day!

Marty


2 comments: