Monday, October 9, 2017

The Cheese Castle And The Old Clothes10/9/2017

Good Morning,

The Thermos Bottle will be filled with Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee in a few minutes and then I will hop into the Old Ford and drive into work.

My travels yesterday took me in a direction where I could shop at a few of the nice Wisconsin cheese stores. I was looking for dessert cheese and what I wanted was either maple cheese or cinnamon apple cheese. I was blessed to find both and then wouldn't  you know I also bought some horseradish cheddar cheese. The last one is quite a contrast to the other two. We love Wisconsin cheese.



Rene and I like to slip sweet cheese shavings between our pancakes or French toast. I guess it is a guilty pleasure of ours. I shopped at three stores and found what I was looking for at "The Cheese Castle".

But what I encountered was more precious than the cheese. I had been duck hunting and just pulled myself out of a muddy river an hour before.  My attire was less than desirable. I was wearing camo sweat pants that have seen better days. I took some old slippers along to wear after I removed my waders. My old camo shirt had a few holes in it. I was not the best dressed hunter. Rene has been asking me to throw those old clothes away. But they are comfortable and they have some memories attached to them. I do have some new stuff set aside and some day I will break them out of storage.

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it

While shopping for cheese I must have looked like I really just hitch hiked in. I was a little hungry so the sample cheeses were there and I tired a couple or four. Then I went to look for the cheese I wanted. I could not find it at first. I was looking at the packages of cheese and then putting them back until I found my prizes. It must have looked like I was reading the price and then deciding that I could not afford them. One family in particular assumed that I was a homeless person that just wandered in from the highway. They sent their little girl over to offer to purchase some cheese curds for me along with some crackers and a coffee. She addressed me as sir and was very polite. I assured her and her listening parents that I had just stopped in and really wasn't properly dressed, but I could afford the cheese purchase. I thanked them for being so kind and concerned.  I purchased my cheese and left. They actually followed me out to the parking lot. Once the saw me climbing into the Old Ford they felt better. I waved and the Old 250 roared down the road.

What made me smile was this. They were teaching that five or six year old a lesson on compassion and kindness. They were teaching her to share.  I for one learned not to shop on the way home from duck hunting. I tossed out the clothes later yesterday.

Have a great day. Train up those kids.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment