Saturday, October 7, 2017

Rainy Day Sofa 10/7/2017

Good Morning,

It has been one long week and Saturday arrived just in time. My Door County Maple Coffee is just what I needed to kick start the day. Just call me Sleepy.

I put in a large amount of hours at work this week. I am truly thankful for the great job I have, but with the long hours and fighting off a flu bug, my energy is depleted.



Our living room has a beautiful fireplace and a sofa made for rainy days. It just invites you to nestle up, grab a light blanket and experience a happy nap. This is part of my plans for the day. A one hour happy nap on the rainy day sofa. I will pray before the nap and I will find peace. I'll bet the dog is napping close by.

Psalm 4:8New International Version (NIV)
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety

Now some of you might be thinking, "suck it up butter cup and don't be lazy". I had that thought for a half of a second myself. But I learned a long time ago to rest when I am too weary to go on and take care of myself. Resting is not laziness when rest is needed. It is our duty to take care of ourselves.  Don't be ashamed when the bodily gas tank is on empty and it needs to be replenished. Enjoy a nap and be happy. Naps don't cost a thing and those around you might enjoy the peace and quiet.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment