Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Surrounded . Refreshed 10/17/2017

Good Morning,

I looked back on one of my writings from 2012. It's hard to believe it has been five years already since this was written. I wanted to share it once more, because some of my friends need to read this again, or for the first time. I have friends with worries, struggles and all out despair. I thought about this blog and it just needs to be shared a second time.  It was written on a cold evening in October.

Good evening,
Had a great challenge last night and my poor neighbor still does not have hot water. The chances of a brand new hot water heater being defective is pretty slim but that's what happened. Coffee pot is set for 4 AM and it will be filled with Door County Maple Coffee. Can't wait for that first cup.




I like to watch old war movies and cowboy movies. Over the years I have noticed a few things. But one stands out as note worthy. Being surrounded by your enemy never seems to be a good idea or extremely popular by those who are surrounded. It always seems as if fear is a top commodity. Escape is a priority. Nerves are stretched  further than ever. Sometimes there is conflict with others who are on the same side. Indecision seems to take the place of decisiveness. In one of John Wayne's movies He said to one fella,
"Looks like you got yourself surrounded". The other man replied "Yes and I plan on getting myself unsurrounded." Even John Wayne did not like the idea of being surrounded.

On the other hand there are times I cherish being surrounded.

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people. For this time forth and forever. Psalm 125:2

We can count on God to surround us with His love and presence. I mentioned this to someone yesterday and they replied. "But I am surrounded by troubles."  "Oh yes" was my reply. "But think about it. Your troubles are surrounded too." When you look at it that way, surrounded doesn't sound so bad. God has your back!

God bless,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Brother. Praying for you and for friends surrounded by troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement Brother Marty.
    Good reminder that God's love is our real covering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brother. Your comments always mean a lot to me.

      Delete