Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Senseless Shooting Las Vegas. A Call Of Prayer For The World. 10/3/2017

Good Morning,

I am finding good taste in my cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee, but I find no peace in it today.



On Sunday night bullets rained down on concert goers and at this time 59 are dead and over 500 wounded. This took place In Las Vegas Nevada where people go to relax and vacation. In addition, over the weekend in the city where I live several people were killed in violent encounters.

All of these murders are senseless acts of evil violence. Some people will never enjoy a cup of coffee again. Parents will never see their children again. Co-workers will miss someone today. Many people will ask why. I know that I have spent some time asking why myself.

The answer is as brutal as the crimes. We live in a sinful world. What took place is pure genocide. Whether it be high school kids slaughtered at school or first graders. Whether it be 6 million Jews sent to death or church members being gunned down at their place of worship. Black, white, men, women, children are all the target of the Evil One who enjoys watching people suffer. He delights in men delivering death on a nightly basis and mothers weeping in the morning.

Proverbs 3:7New King James Version (NKJV)
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
 
We must all denounce these acts and shun evil. There is One answer to evil.

Philippians 2:10-11New King James Version (NKJV)
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus, the Prince Of peace who has defeated evil is the Answer. Once people experience the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ they have the power to resist the one who is defeated anyway. The battle was won, we need to seize the victory.
 
Revelation 20:10-14New International Version (NIV)
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Judgment of the Dead

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
 
I as well as many of you are in prayer for the families and victims of this latest act of evil. I find myself praying for families and victims around the world daily. I now pray for the world to turn to Jesus Christ. Jesus said "Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden" . I think that describes this tired, world. We need to run from evil, right into the arms of Jesus.
 
Prayer anyone? Join me today in prayer and fasting. It's time. You must be tired of these senseless acts of murder. I know I am.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment