Thursday, August 17, 2017

You Had My Heart A Long Time Ago 8/17/2017

Good Morning,

I need to write and then get moving out of the door. Busy, busy day ahead of me and I need to be on time all the time. My travel mug was just filled with Door County Frosting On The Cake Coffee and boy it is hot.



I was reading my Bible last night and looking at the following passage.

Deuteronomy 6:5New International Version (NIV)
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

I still recall the night that Jesus called my name in July 1981. Nothing in life has come close to that feeling of freedom and salvation in Christ. The reassurance that even a rough neck like me could be loved by God still amazes me. It was the first time that I felt that I actually belonged here and I had a purpose. I think about all of the things that God has done for me since that night. I cannot help but be thankful.

I have counted my blessings, not one was deserved for sure. The fact that Jesus died for my sins is too awesome to comprehend. If Jesus never did anything but die for my sins, that is enough. It is more than I deserve. Oh how He loves you and me.

When I gave Him my heart to be His home, I gave it to Him forever. Lord, You had my heart a long time ago. And I have never regretted it.

How about you? Does He have your heart? Is He at home there?

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment