Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Note Of Cheer 8/15/2017

Good Morning,

My cup of Sunrise In Door County Coffee is calling to me from the kitchen. Soon I will fill my insulated bottle, pray and head to work.



As of late my messages have been a little on the gruesome side, talking about racism, and missiles. Those subjects can wear person down. So today I want to send out a message of good cheer.

Psalm 118:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
 
I decided that I would write a few statements of recent things that I can be rejoicing about. I think we can safely walk away from the doom and gloom of the news to celebrate some victories. We all need it.
 
1. Jesus died for me and my eternal home is set in place. He has prepared a place for me in Heaven.
 
2. My wife and I are both healthy. My family is healthy and they are in a good place.
 
3. I am sixty years old, can still work and I have a very nice job.
 
4. I found a new recipe for pork chops that I think is great. Ask me, I might share,
 
5. Hunting season is just around the corner.
 
6. I am blessed to have friends, both young and old.
 
Now, if I can do this little exercise, so can you. Try it. You have things to rejoice over and you need to celebrate. Go ahead and list some blessings to ponder over.
 
Here's a note if you still want to concentrate on the doom and gloom.

John 16:33New King James Version (NKJV)
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

This world of doom and gloom is temporary. This world is not my home .I am just passing through.

Hebrews 13:14New Living Translation (NLT)
14 For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.

God bless,

Marty
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment