Saturday, August 19, 2017

North Woods Peace 8/19/2017

Good Morning,

My day is beginning without my cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee. I am in the North Woods of Michigan today working on my father's house. I will be joined by my siblings and their children. Together we will attack a couple of big tasks.

It is very peaceful here. Quiet time to say the least is on the menu this morning.  Heavy dew has coated everything outside. I need to experience quiet.

We are here readying dad's home for sale. Dad passed away last November. I could be doing this work alone today. I am very grateful for the help.I am not sure that I would get all that much done alone. But most of all it allows us all to be together. I have a few things weighing heavy on my mind and being with family will be mind and heart therapy. I am glad they could make the trip. God knew that I needed to have them around. He knows what we all need and when we need it. He knows just how much we can deal with. And when it starts to be more than we can handle He sends help.

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd.  I shall not want.

Today he sent soul therapy in the form of family. At first it looked like I might be here alone but He rearranged schedules and brought it all together.

God is good all the time.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. God promises that your are never along. Enjoy the time remembering your father and spending time with God, your family and friends.

    I am in the north woods this weekend as well. Peaceful is an under statement!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete