Saturday, August 5, 2017

When You Pray 8/5/2017

Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk and at my feet is our dog Gibbs. Next to me is a very hot cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee. I am ready to write.


My heart is a little heavy this day. I have been in prayer on and off through the night. I work in health care and I really do not have a lot of contact with our patients. But I do interact with those caregivers who do. One patient in particular who is just a few days old is in need of prayer. Anymore details than that and I would be violating laws of privacy. Another caregiver and myself met yesterday and due to our routine this patient needed to be discussed. That is when I became aware of the  need to pray. Of course my prayer goes out for the patient and family. My prayer also goes out for the caregivers who are taking care of patients. I could see the look of concern in my co-workers eyes. I knew that she would be taking this home with her last night. I found myself in the same boat with her and others.

Luke 10:34 He went to him and  bound up his wounds, pouring on  oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him.

There are many vocations in life and not all jobs are easy. Health care is not always glamorous. If you believe that, stop watching television. They never show you the filled bed pan.

 I have been blessed for thirty four years to be working in health care with those who can't help but take their work home with them. I see God using them when He chooses, to provide healing for people. They are very often a direct hand in God's miracles. I am not sure that they all are aware of how God uses them. The hours are long, and at times very stressful for those caregivers in the trenches. They chose their profession because they care, the work is steady, and the pay is pretty good. I believe that for many, if not all, that they were answering God's call on their life. He wired them to care, love science, filled them with compassion, and set them where they work. Not all of them would see it my way. But they aren't writing this, I am. I am proud to be in a position to support the real caregivers and to be part of their ministry to mankind.

So when you pray for people in need of healing, take a little time to remember in prayer those God uses to administer the bedside care. Those folks mean a lot to me. I know how hard they work and some of the work goes beyond the time clock.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment