Thursday, August 24, 2017

Violence At Milwaukee School , Where's The Wooden Spoon? 8/24/2017

Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a big mug full of Sunrise In Door County Coffee. I do believe I will have another cup.

Yesterday I watched a video on the evening news. It showed an altercation between a high school student and a teacher. The teacher was sucker punched by the student and then beaten while on the ground.

I hate to use the expression "back in the day" when I was in high school a teacher could and if needed, defend themselves.  Vice principals were feared and respected. Then on top of it, when you got home, there would be Dad to reckon with. For me, I could be as right as right could be, but my parents would side with the teacher every time. But that taught me to respect the authority over me, whether I agreed or not. Mom was no slouch either. She wielded a pretty mean wooden spoon and could raise a yelp out of a misbehaving teenager. I grew up just fine and have respect for others. I was not abused by discipline.



What I saw here was an angry young man with no respect for authority. I saw no one in the class willing to help the teacher. What that told me is this. There were other students who lacked respect and the ability to do the right thing. I saw cowards cheering and hiding behind their cell phones. What I saw sickened me. I saw a young life that if left untouched by the hand of the Savior, will be wasted in jail and serious trouble.

Matthew 19:14New Living Translation (NLT)
14 But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”

What I saw angered me and my first reaction was to wish that I had been there to help the teacher and publically spank that kid. Then I realized that these young people are in bad shape. They need prayer and a Savior. They need a healthy dose of Jesus for their social ills. They believe that this behavior is acceptable. It is a shame that we have removed the Bible from the public schools along with prayer.

We as a nation have done wrong to the youth of this nation. We have removed them from Godly principles. We claim to be "Politically Correct" but we are so "Biblically wrong".

Think on this and then get on your knees and pray for the kids in that room.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment