Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I Have Called You Friends 8/23/2017

Good Morning,

Wow it is Wednesday already and it seems like I missed Monday and Tuesday. My mug was just filled with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and my plate is holding some cherries and a few grapes. Blessed to be alive.

John 15:15New International Version (NIV)
15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

As Jesus was talking to His disciples, men who ministered to Him and with Him, He spoke to them and said these beautiful words. "I have called you friends." My hope is that Jesus feels the same way about me. He taught them. He has taught me. What God the Father has revealed to Jesus, at times He has revealed to me. He sent the Holy Spirit to enlighten us. If you are reading this I am pretty sure that Jesus has done the same for you. But my thought is this. If Jesus calls us friends, would others know from our actions that He is our friend?



Would there be enough evidence visible to others to convict us of being a friend of Jesus? Would they see us as friendly or worth Jesus calling us friend? Are we friendly to others and each other? I ask you to think about this one, and if needed make a change or two to be able to be guilty of being a Friend of Jesus.

Convicted today? I hope so.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment