Thursday, August 3, 2017

Making A Comeback 8/3/2017

Good Morning,

The old cup is filled with Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee this morning. My lunch is packed and I need to make a donut run for my co-workers. Looks like a little rain today.



Last summer we went through a dry spell in the area where we reside. I live in the Midwest of the United States. My state has a lot of farms and corn is a good cash crop. When the dry spell/drought hit last summer it did not take too long for the corn crop to show the lack of water. The corn growth started to slow and the  overall look of the plants  was dismal to say the least. The farmers had to wait on rain. There wasn't much that could be done.

I recall the night that the weather forecast finally called for rain. I awoke the next day to some rain. Not all that much, but enough to wet the earth and rinse the crops. Within 8-9 hours, I could see the difference in my lawn. I  drove by a corn field and I could see that some of the plants were showing signs of being revived.

We too go through times of spiritual drought or times of despair. What we need to do is tuck ourselves away under the protective hand of God and wait it out like a farmer in a drought.

Hosea 14:7King James Version (KJV)
They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.

When we run to other sources to solve our issues or fulfill a spiritual hole and not run to God we will find ourselves just running in place or finding the wrong solutions. We need to stay constant in our faith and trust in God.

Are you withered or watered? No matter the situation, wait on God.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment